Many companies across Canada match their employees’ charitable donations to eligible non-profit organizations. By making use of the corporate gift matching program offered by your place of work, you can increase the value of your donation.
Some employers will match dollar for dollar, while others will match at a 1:2 or 1:3 ratio. Even donations from spouses, retirees and board members may be eligible.
Opportunities for workplace giving:
● Celebrate employee dedication
● Welcome new employees
● Recognize a birthday or anniversary
● Reward team members for a success
● Celebrate a holiday
How to get your gift matched?
1. Contact your corporate donations officer or human resources department to find out if your company matches gifts and to obtain a matching gift application form.
2. Fill in the form according to your company’s policies.
3. Forward your matching gift form along with your donation to:
4823 Sherbrooke Street West, Suite 235
Thousands of Canadian employers match their employees’ charitable donations. Please consult your employer to see whether they offer matching, along with the conditions and criteria for such gifts.
Some Canadian companies that offer matching: