Have you ever wanted to change the world?
As a team member supporting the Weizmann Institute of Science you will be at the forefront of the world’s top-ranking centers of theoretical and experimental research. Our organization is dedicated to empowering curiosity-driven discovery and expanding the boundaries of human knowledge for the future of humanity.
The Weizmann model encourages global collaboration, which includes partnerships with NASA, CERN, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, and studies with 40+ leading Canadian institutions in the past couple years alone including McGill University and Brain Canada.
Are you interested in being part of something monumental?
Weizmann research labs are leaders in fighting disease and hunger, solving cutting-edge challenges in computer science, creating novel materials, and developing new strategies for protecting the environment.
Are you intrigued?
We know science knows no borders. Investing in the ‘best of the best’ scientific research is why our donors choose Weizmann. They know science is the future for all humanity.
Are you curious about how to become part of the team?
Weizmann Canada is currently seeking a full-time Senior Development Manager to join our high-performing team, based in Toronto. To learn more about Weizmann Canada please visit weizmann.ca.
The Senior Development Manager will be responsible for building donor and volunteer relationships to secure major gifts in the $25k – $1M range to meet financial and expectancy targets in support of the Weizmann Institute of Science.
Are you …
- a curious, lifelong learner with the ability to understand and get excited about science that benefits humanity?
- a self-starter who takes pride in exceptional quality of work, achieving goals, and having a reputation as a strong performer?
- an experienced, professional fundraiser who has successfully raised funds?
- organized with a keen attention to detail?
- committed to excellence and a high level of professionalism in your communications with the team, donors, and stakeholders?
- Post-secondary education and/or CFRE
- Experience in a fundraising role with a proven track record of success with major gifts
- Demonstrated skill in developing and implementing successful strategies for the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of donors
- Proven ability to engage, support and provide leadership to volunteers
- Experience in working with prospect researchers to develop successful major gift strategies
- Solid knowledge and understanding of Toronto’s philanthropic community and previous experience working with major gift donors
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player to productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside Weizmann Canada
- Committed to a high level of professionalism while adhering to best practices in the not for profit/philanthropic sector
- Advanced level of proficiency in MS Office and working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge
- Manage a portfolio of donors (individuals, corporations and foundations) in the $25k – $1M range
- Proactively identify new prospects for major gift and legacy donors for Weizmann Canada
- Personally solicit gifts at the $25k plus level, as well as cultivate and steward donors to maintain involvement, interest, and support
- Support the Chief Executive Officer and the Chief Development Officer in the strategy, cultivation and stewardship of leadership donors as needed
- Assist in the recruitment, training and engagement of volunteers to support our fundraising goals
- Partner with Communications, Events and Donor & Volunteer Relations on various donor engagement activities
- Play an active role in building the Weizmann brand
- Actively participate in the expansion of the Vera and Chaim Weizmann Honour Society
- Support the integrity of donor data within Raiser’s Edge NXT by entering activity and updating pertinent information on a regular basis
Work Environment and Culture
- Busy, service- and results-oriented, collaborative, and supportive environment
- Shared commitment and support of the overall goals of the organization
- Weizmann Canada is committed to providing an excellent work environment for team members to be their best self.
The office for this position is in Toronto.
The organization currently has a hybrid working model, with a minimum of three days a week together in the office.
To learn more about this cutting-edge organization visit, https://www.weizmann.ca/careers/.