Weizmann Canada is currently seeking a part-time Fundraising Coordinator to join our (About Us) high-performing team, based in Vancouver. You will be responsible for providing stellar support to our Associate Director, Philanthropy (Western Canada). You will also be the liaison for Vancouver and Calgary Chapters, our volunteers, providing administrative support as needed. All are focused on raising funds in support of the Weizmann Institute of Science.
This position is a hybrid role based in Vancouver and the successful candidate’s workweek will be 22.5 hours.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Is a curious, lifelong learner with the ability to understand and get excited about science that benefits humanity
- Is a self-starter who takes pride in exceptional quality of work, achieving goals, and having a reputation as a strong performer
- Brings previous experience successfully supporting major gift fundraisers
- Post-secondary degree or diploma is an asset or an equivalent combination of formal training and experience
- Minimum 3 years of professional work experience providing support
- Fundraising experience considered an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work independently and take initiative as required
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills, including Office 365 and Microsoft Office and the ability to learn new software
- Knowledge of Raisers Edge/NXT is an asset
- Ability to exercise confidentiality and discretion at all times is essential
- Must be team player – will roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to ensure success of the organization
- Liaising with chapter members to organize meetings, take minutes at meetings, circulate materials in advance and as follow-up
- Preparing briefings for meetings
- Assisting with follow up from chapter meetings, meetings with donors, etc.
- Preparing and distributing personalized communication pieces
- Assisting with donor and volunteer follow-up post meetings and events
- Inputting and tracking actions in RENXT
- Making travel arrangements
- Preparing expense reports
- Western Canada media review and overview of obituaries
- Ad hoc duties as requested
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CULTURE:
- Busy, service- and results-oriented, collaborative, and supportive environment
- Shared commitment and support of the overall goals of the organization
Weizmann Canada is committed to providing an excellent work environment for team members to be their best self.
Commensurate with experience in the range of $25-$30/hour.