Are you a highly driven experienced C-suite Executive Assistant who wants to make a global impact? Weizmann Canada may be the right fit for you!
Weizmann Canada is part of a global network supporting one of the world’s top-ranking centers of theoretical and experimental research, the Weizmann Institute of Science which is dedicated to curiosity-driven discovery and expanding the boundaries of human knowledge for the future of humanity. We are a high performing team and we live our values each and every day, which include collaboration, respect, joy of science, hope in action and curiosity.
Weizmann research labs are leaders in fighting disease and hunger, solving cutting-edge challenges in computer science, creating novel materials, and developing new strategies for protecting the environment.
The Weizmann model encourages global collaboration, which includes partnerships with NASA, CERN, Sloan Kettering Memorial Cancer Center and studies with 40+ leading Canadian institutions in the past couple years alone.
This position can be based in Toronto or Montreal. The role is hybrid.
WHO YOU ARE:
You are the person that people go to who gets things done. You have an eye for detail, an ear for information and a mind for discretion. You identify and solve problems before anyone even knows they exist. You’re a highly organized professional who is always one step ahead but never too serious to stop and crack a joke. As an experienced Executive Assistant, you are used to working variable hours, thrive on building relationships, and operate at a high level and with sound judgment. You are curious, customer focused and driven.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
Your main focus will be to provide stellar support for our Chief Executive Officer, Vice President (VP) and future Chief Development Officer (CDO) which means:
- Provide sophisticated calendar management, by prioritizing inquiries and requests and resolving scheduling conflicts
- Scheduling and coordinating on-and off-site meetings for small or large groups of varying nature/scope, including meetings with staff, donors, media and board members
- Serve as the gateway (not gatekeeper), to the CEO/VP/CDO for internal and external stakeholders, while maintaining a high degree of confidentiality
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the CEO/VP/CDO ability to effectively lead the organization, including: assisting with special projects; producing complex documents, reports, and presentations; collecting and preparing information for meetings; composing and preparing correspondence; maintaining contact lists and managing all travel
- Assist with managing the national board meeting schedule, and committee meetings, including preparation and distribution of materials and minutes
- Work closely with the CEO/VP/CDO to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up when necessary
- Liaise with international colleagues
- Act as the C-suite barometer, by having a sense for the issues taking place and keeping them updated
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and professional and pleasant telephone manner
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365 (including Office, Teams and SharePoint)
- Confident and comfortable using social media to broadcast and communicate organizational activities, positions and announcements
- Excellent information management skills
- A mindset that embraces change and thrives in a dynamic environment
- Experience supporting executives with varied leadership styles
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Superior interpersonal skills, initiative and creativity
- Strong organizational skills; ability to multi-task, and/or provide timely feedback on an as needed and/or urgent basis
- Strong ability to meet deadlines
- Results-oriented focus; keen drive, with an infectious enthusiasm and passion for delivering results
WHAT YOU BRING:
- University Degree
- 7+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant at the Executive level
- Ability to effectively collaborate in a fast paced, high deadline environment
- Demonstrated poise, tact, judgment, and diplomacy in handling sensitive, highly confidential and critical issues related to the business and the efficient operation of supporting an executive
- Demonstrated business acumen and savvy, including understanding and knowledge of programs, operations and protocols of an international organization
- Excellent and effective communication skills: business writing, editing, grammar, and proofreading skills; strong verbal and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated and positive professionalism in demeanor and interactions with all levels within the organization
- Demonstrated excellence and ability to effectively juggle competing tasks and demands; proactively anticipate needs; establish and shift priorities; and meet conflicting or changing deadlines. Ability to meet work demands often without notice
- Strong detail orientation
- Excellent communication skills in English (French would be considered a strong asset)
- Strong knowledge using the Microsoft Office suite products and other relevant software
- A positive attitude with exceptional internal and external customer service
- Knowledge and experience using Raiser’s Edge/NXT would be an asset
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CULTURE:
- Busy, service- and results-oriented, collaborative, and supportive environment
- Shared commitment and support of the overall goals of the organization
Weizmann Canada is committed to providing an excellent work environment for team members to be their best self. We offer a competitive compensation package, Commensurate with experience including a robust benefits plan.