We are seeking an Executive Administrator & Board Liaison to join our high performing team. You will be based in the Montreal office. Your main focus will be to provide stellar support for our CEO. You will also be the liaison for our national board and will provide administrative support to other members of the team when needed.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
You are a curious and passionate individual who takes pride in their work. You are accustomed to providing stellar support for upper management including handling confidential information. You are someone who adapts well to change and can influence people. You are flexible, proactive and resourceful. You have the ability to gain a deep understanding of the challenges of those you work with and are able to anticipate and overcome the obstacles that may slow them down, allowing them to concentrate on their core roles. You are self-motivated, equally comfortable working autonomously and as part of a team. You have vision for the bigger picture and are great at seeing the steps needed to constantly improve effectiveness. You are a problem solver, even anticipating issues before they arrive. You multitask with ease, having the ability to glide like a swan while frantically paddling under the surface.
• Provide day-to-day administrative support including scheduling, meeting logistics, travel arrangements and other duties required to support the CEO
• Proactively manage the CEO’s calendar, including with follow-up from meetings, correspondence, administration, including entering all information into Raiser’s Edge • Assist with managing the national board meeting schedule, including preparation and distribution of materials
• Act as the first point of contact for donors and volunteers calling the office phone and assist them as necessary
• Manage inventory and equipment in all offices
• Manage inquiries or requests from team members, volunteers, donors or vendors
• Prepare routine correspondence including thank you letters for all donations
• Assist with management of human resource items including but not limited to tracking of time off, onboarding and offboarding protocol, updating org charts and volunteer lists etc.
• Assist in distribution of various communication materials as needed
• Act as primary liaison with building and services management for all locations
• Understand and ensure technology is functioning well for team and serve as primary liaison with our external IT support team
• Bilingual (French/English)
• Post-secondary degree or an equivalent combination of formal training and experience
• Minimum 5 years of work experience providing support for upper-level management
• Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent computer skills, including Office 365 and Microsoft Office and the ability to learn new software
• Experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar CRM
• Experience in a non-profit organization an asset
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including team members, board members, external partners and donors
• Excellent writing, editing and grammatical skills
• Confidence, polish, discreet and a high level of professionalism
• Excellent time management and problem-solving skills
• Responsive and flexible in managing at times a high paced, fast-changing environment, working well under pressure and prioritizing ongoing projects
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CULTURE:
• Busy, service- and results-oriented environment
• Regular daily hours of work with occasional evenings for meetings and events
• Shared commitment and support of the overall goals of the organization
Weizmann Canada is committed to providing an excellent work environment for team members to be their best self. We offer a highly competitive compensation package, commensurate with experience including a robust benefits plan.
ABOUT THE WEIZMANN INSTITUTE:
The Weizmann Institute of Science in Rehovot, Israel, is one of the world’s top-ranking multidisciplinary research institutions. The Institute recently ranked second worldwide in the normalized 2019 Nature Index. The normalized index looks at the ratio of publications in the best scientific journals measured against total output, Weizmann may be small, but its contribution is mighty. Noted for its wide-ranging exploration of the natural and exact sciences, the Institute is home to over 3,000 scientists, students, technicians and supporting staff. Institute research efforts include the search for new ways of fighting disease and hunger, examining leading questions in mathematics and computer science, probing the physics of matter and the universe, creating novel materials and developing new strategies for protecting the environment.
ABOUT WEIZMANN CANADA:
Individuals, corporations and foundations around the world invest generously in the Weizmann Institute’s research, graduate education and scientific outreach programs, including many Canadians who share our belief in the power of research to create a brighter tomorrow. Weizmann Canada is a national community with a core group of dedicated donors and volunteers, and 13 professional staff who share a common vision with the Institute of advancing science for the benefit of humanity.
• To raise awareness and support for the Weizmann Institute of Science in order to maintain its standards of excellence, and;
• To encourage science literacy across all age groups through events featuring scientists and through education programs.
Our vision: A better world one question at a time.
Candidates are asked to please submit both a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com by Friday, January 8, 2021. Candidate submissions will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.