Have you ever wanted to change the world?
As a team member supporting the Weizmann Institute of Science you will be at the forefront of the world’s top-ranking centers of theoretical and experimental research. Our organization is dedicated to empowering curiosity-driven discovery and expanding the boundaries of human knowledge for the future of humanity.
The Weizmann model encourages global collaboration, which includes partnerships with NASA, CERN, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, and studies with 40+ leading Canadian institutions in the past couple years alone including McGill University and Brain Canada.
Are you interested in being part of something monumental?
Weizmann research labs are leaders in fighting disease and hunger, solving cutting-edge challenges in computer science, creating novel materials, and developing new strategies for protecting the environment.
Are you intrigued?
We know science knows no borders. Investing in the ‘best of the best’ scientific research is why our donors choose Weizmann. They know science is the future for all humanity.
Are you curious about how to become part of the team?
Weizmann Canada is currently seeking a full-time Director of Events & Experiences to join our high-performing team, based in Montreal. To learn more about Weizmann Canada please visit weizmann.ca.
The Director, Events & Experiences will provide the vision and develop the plan to execute signature events, small and large, across Canada and overseas to raise awareness and funds for the Weizmann Institute of Science.
Are you …
- a curious, lifelong learner with the ability to understand and get excited about science that benefits humanity?
- a self-starter who takes pride in exceptional quality of work, achieving goals, and having a reputation as a strong performer?
- organized with a keen attention to detail?
- committed to excellence and a high level of professionalism in your communications with the team, donors, and stakeholders?
- University or College degree in event planning or project management or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 10+ years of event management experience preferably in a not-for-profit setting
- Exceptional time management, planning and organizational skills, with an emphasis on detail and accuracy
- Ability to work both independently without close oversight, and as a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside Weizmann Canada
- Travel will be required depending on location and size of events planned
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Experience in budget development and management and delivery of expected financial results
- Good decision-making skills, tactful, good listener, willingness to search out answers, ability to recognize when others need to be involved in activities or decisions
- Customer service experience in a professional environment
- Bilingual (French/English) would be an asset
- Advanced level of proficiency in MS Office and working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge/NXT
- Experience with project management software such as Asana or similar tool
- Develop concepts, plan and manage both large and small-scale events across Canada, from inception to completion, and ensuring goals are met. This would include negotiating locations/venues, suppliers, site visits, communication, transportation, budgeting, programming, technology, human resource management (including volunteers), participant registration and payment and any/all other event components
- Work with colleagues at the Weizmann Institute in Israel to connect with scientists aligned with our events, to organize VIP visits and to represent Canada in the organization of all international events
- Collaborate closely with our digital event production team, as well as colleagues internally in Communications, Development, Donor & Volunteer Relations and Research teams, in order to achieve overall engagement objectives
- Proactively identify new ways to improve the event experience, including but not limited to technology, mission integration and communication, and focusing on new donor conversion
- Take a leadership role in meetings as required, preparing documentation for meetings, and ensuring timely follow-up on action items
- Create and develop best practices and procedures to save time, effort and costs
- Build and maintain professional relationships with suppliers and vendors
- Secure and coordinate event sponsors and gift in kind sponsorships to achieve event revenue goals
- Develop and manage accurate budgets
- Prepare and deliver post-event evaluation reports, highlighting successes and opportunities for improvements
Work Environment and Culture
- Busy, service- and results-oriented, collaborative, and supportive environment
- Shared commitment and support of the overall goals of the organization
- Weizmann Canada is committed to providing an excellent work environment for team members to be their best self.
The office for this position is in Montreal.
The organization currently has a hybrid working model, with a minimum of three days a week together in the office.