Have you ever wanted to change the world?
As a team member representing the Weizmann Institute of Science you will be at the forefront of the world’s top-ranking centers of theoretical and experimental research. We are dedicated to empowering curiosity-driven discovery and expanding the boundaries of human knowledge for the future of humanity.
The Weizmann model encourages global collaboration, which includes partnerships with NASA, CERN, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, and studies with 40+ leading Canadian institutions in the past couple years alone including McGill University and Brain Canada.
Are you interested in being part of something monumental?
Weizmann research labs are leaders in fighting disease and hunger, solving cutting-edge challenges in computer science, creating novel materials, and developing new strategies for protecting the environment.
Are you intrigued?
We know science knows no borders. Investing in the ‘best of the best’ scientific research is why our donors choose Weizmann. They know science is the future for all humanity.
Are you curious about how to become part of the team?
Weizmann Canada is currently seeking a full-time Associate Director of Annual Giving to join our high-performing team, based in Toronto. To learn more about Weizmann Canada please visit weizmann.ca.
The Associate Director of Annual Giving will be responsible for the leadership, management, and execution of Weizmann Canada’s annual giving program. You will play a vital role in growing philanthropic revenue and donor affinity to Weizmann. You will be responsible for setting and executing annual fund solicitation strategies, planning, and implementing annual fundraising campaigns focused on customization, personalization and targeted segmentation, and pipeline development.
Are you …
- a curious, lifelong learner with the ability to understand and get excited about science that benefits humanity?
- a self-starter who takes pride in exceptional quality of work, achieving goals, and having a reputation as a strong performer?
- an experienced, professional fundraiser who has successfully raised funds?
- organized with a keen attention to detail?
- committed to excellence in your communications with the team, donors, and stakeholders?
- Post-secondary education and/or CFRE
- 5+ years in a fundraising role with a proven track record of success with annual fund programs
- Extensive experience working in Raiser’s Edge/NXT
- Proven experience in direct marketing with a successful track record in donor and revenue long term growth
- Demonstrated skill in developing and implementing successful strategies for the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of (annual) donors
- A self-starter who has the drive to further build and expand Weizmann Canada’s program
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in the development of effective and efficient Mid-Level and Monthly donor programs
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside Weizmann Canada
- Committed to a high level of professionalism while adhering to best practices in the not for profit/philanthropic sector
- Experience in budget development
- Excellent time management, planning, organizational and analytical skills, and strong attention to detail
- Advanced level of proficiency in MS Office especially Excel
- Responsible for the management and implementation of Weizmann’s Annual Giving program
- Work with the Chief Development Officer to establish long term goals and objectives
- Direct the strategic planning, management, and ongoing evaluation of the annual fund database (up to $25,000)
- Lead a comprehensive annual plan that would include the strategic engagement, solicitation, and retention of current donors
- Responsible for the annual revenue goal and focus on making solicitations to donors in the up to $25,000 range
- Deploy successful moves management strategies with annual donors
- Work together with the communications team to strategically plan, implement, and manage the annual giving campaign, ensuring maximum growth potential and results, and testing new approaches where appropriate (such as direct mail, donor acquisition, online fundraising)
- Work together with research to develop, plan and implement strategies for identifying Principal and Major Gifts prospects from the annual giving pipeline
- Work together with the fundraising team to develop strategies to convert event attendees into the Weizmann donor family
- Ensure the Annual Fund Program schedules align with other revenue generation and outreach activities
- Participate in the strategic planning for the fundraising unit
- Provide oversight for the Catalyst Circle, monthly giving, Planned Giving and Tribute programs and assesses new opportunities to promote and cultivate program participation
- Work together with Donor & Volunteer Relations to ensure appropriate stewardship and recognition
- Develop and implement a sustainable direct marketing program to help meet fundraising goals
Work Environment and Culture
- Busy, service- and results-oriented, collaborative, and supportive environment
- Shared commitment and support of the overall goals of the organization
- Weizmann Canada is committed to providing an excellent work environment for team members to be their best self.
The office for this position is in Toronto. Please note there is a requirement to work from the office for a minimum of three days.
To learn more about this cutting-edge organization visit, https://www.weizmann.ca/careers/.