JOY OF SCIENCE
• A passion for basic science drives discovery. The absolute academic freedom, multidisciplinary approach and live-on-campus culture of the Weizmann Institute of Science nurture the joy of science.
HOPE IN ACTION
• This same passion inspires the team, donors and volunteers at Weizmann Canada. We are driven by our own love of discovery and learning. We are driven by the purpose of science: to develop new knowledge to benefit humanity and improve the world.
• At the Weizmann Institute, the scientists and their students think collaboratively and creatively to develop new knowledge that benefits humanity. Basic research requires a long-term vision.
• At Weizmann Canada, we invest in discovery, recognizing that with time, space, and resources the scientists at Weizmann put hope in action and make a global impact.
• Curiosity is core to Weizmann's approach to innovation and excellence. With freedom to question, Weizmann scientists are able to develop new knowledge, and achieve ground-breaking and sometimes unexpected discoveries.
• At Weizmann Canada, we are dedicated to fostering, empowering and supporting curiosity-driven science.
• At Weizmann, there is an openness to share knowledge and embrace new ideas. The multidisciplinary approach catalyzes unbounded creativity and original thinking.
• At Weizmann Canada, we are committed - together. We take collective responsibility to be catalysts for scientific discovery.
• At the Weizmann Institute, respect for the world and humanity drives our science.
Learn more (PDF) >
• At Weizmann Canada, respect and gratitude are core to everything we do.
We are proud of who we are and what we have accomplished.
The vision of Dr. Chaim Weizmann remains core to our identity. The Weizmann Institute of Science in Israel is one of the world’s leading basic science research institutions.
At Weizmann Canada, we are committed to advancing knowledge. We are motivated by knowing that respect
for the world and humanity drives science at the Weizmann Institute.
We are passionate about raising awareness and generating funds for the outstanding research at the Weizmann Institute, and promoting scientific literacy. We have tremendous respect for the scientists at Weizmann, our donors, our volunteers, and each other.
The campus in Israel is characterized by joy and the pursuit of science. Weizmann Canada has a symbiotic relationship with the Institute: we are also a community that together experiences the joy of science
The multidisciplinary approach at the Weizmann Institute transcends traditional silos. There is an openness to share knowledge and embrace new ideas. The Weizmann model enables each scientist’s freedom to be curious
and the possibility of boundless creativity. The model encourages global collaboration
. At Weizmann Canada, we are driven by how this approach enables innovation and entrepreneurship. We believe in the importance of collaboration and work together to promote and invest in scientific discovery – hope in action
At Weizmann Canada, we are inspired by the achievements of the Institute and its scientists. In various well-regarded global rankings, the Weizmann Institute consistently ranks among the best research institutions in the world, and its scientists continue to win awards, including the Nobel Prize and Turing Award. World-class excellence is achieved by freedom to question, and investment both in time and resources to find answers.
Since 1964, at Weizmann Canada, our investment and commitment to basic research creates new knowledge, which leads to real world tangible benefits. Discovery at the Weizmann Institute of Science continues to produce significant accomplishments: every year there are multiple new inventions developed and patents awarded, and every year Weizmann innovation translates to new enterprises. Our specific impact includes:
• We are credited for inventing amniocentesis,
Learn more (PDF) >
• We developed a block buster drug for multiple sclerosis, and
• We developed encryption technology to power internet and smart cards.
Our Canadian connections
Collaboration at Weizmann transcends borders and reaches us every day in Canada. Since 2019, Weizmann has co-published more than 80 studies
with more than 30 Canadian organizations
on a diverse range of subjects important to humanity. Weizmann Institute alumni are a powerful presence in Canada within academia, pharma, tech and other organizations. Weizmann Canada also promotes the following science literacy and educational programs to Canadians:
Dr. Bessie F. Lawrence International Summer Science Institute >
Kupcinet Getz International Science School >
The International Physics Tournament >